Thursday, September 8, 2011

Crowding Crowders on Saturday.

Last Sunday I also had the privilege of meeting Scott Gilliam of the Carolina Climbers Coaliton.  Scott is the one who actually led Mighty Mouse (5.11c) at Moore's Wall.

Chandler sets up for the buisness
Picture of Mighty Mouse at Moore's Wall. (Not Scott - Picture from MountainProject.com)
Carolina Climbers Coalition

Scott and his crew were very awesome down to earth people who were kind enough to let me finish up my day on their rope.  Fisher and I got invited to Mi Pueblo and had some great tasting Mexican food with Scott, Stephanie, Susan, Tracy, Skinny, and Elsa (sorry about the misspelled names and/or if I left anyone out).  Thank you guys for the awesome day and it really was a pleasure to might all of you or as they say in the south 'y'all'.

This weekend I have been invited to show Erica Lineberry (http://cragmama.com/) and her crew the less traveled routes and walls at Crowders Mountain State Park.  I'm debating whether to pass on the love and give them a good hazing... just messin'. Erica is putting together a new guide book for the Piedmont area. If you want to stay updated or think you may have information about routes or areas, check out her Facebook group (http://www.facebook.com/groups/258109837538751/).

Carolina Rocks: The Piedmont

I noticed last Friday that there were a lot of downed trees and over grown shrubs taking over the already NOT very distinct trail to the Resurgence Area, so we might as well make it a party and do some trail clean up.  I will also be taking pictures of anchors that need replacing for the upcoming Crowders Mountain Adopt-a-Crag (http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=100943766680514).

I'll see you at Crowders on Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment